Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update 1: Injuries

So I'm finally getting around to actually updating-things have just been so crazy with college and work stuff, I haven't had a chance to get near this! There's been lots going on in the last few weeks so I'm gonna update in stages-otherwise it will be ages again while I write a big long post!

So I've got good news and bad news on the injuries front...

My back is totally healed up. No pain, nothing. All is good with that :)

However....now my shoulder is acting up. It started getting sore about three weeks ago, but I didn't think much of it at the time-different muscles have been sore up until now on and off but they always got better so I assumed this would too. But it got worse and it wasn't going away. So I've spent the last few weeks cutting back on the metres and resting a lot, just trying to get it better. It does seem to be improving a lot thankfully-this is going to be my first long distance week in about a month now so it will tell a lot. It's just so frustrating that I just get one thing sorted and another comes along-and this one is taking so long to go away! I know that I've got ages to go yet before my swim and I keep telling myself that it will get better and I just need to be patient, but it's so hard not to get frustrated. I just need to stay positive and let it take the time it needs to heal so that I can get back to normal training again!

More updates soon...

No comments: