Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update 3: Money Stuff

This whole Channel swimming thing is really expensive, as most of you know. It's gonna cost me well over €5000 between booking the boat and getting my crew to Dover and staying there for a week. So I've been looking around for some sponsorship to help with these costs...and I'm happy to say that the ESB have been generous enough to help me out. I really appreciate it :)

Of course, if anyone else out there wants to become a corporate sponsor for my swim I'd be very happy-I've still got a long way to go in covering my costs! If anyone is interested I can be contacted at lisa@arockieswim.com.

On the fundraising side of things...I've been so busy that I haven't really had a chance to really get this going. Over the next few weeks I need to find time to send out emails and start getting sponsorship cards together and things like that. I really want to make some decent money for my charities-I know that it's not a great time to be asking for money from people, but times are tight for these organisations too-they've still got the same bills to pay and if we don't keep supporting them it's the people that are benefitting from their services that will ultimately lose out. So...if you're reading this, please visit my charity webpage here and donate-even €5 or €10 will be much appreciated! Thank you :)

No comments: